Sunday, February 5, 2017

New start and a shower

Today John's sisters had Peyton's bridal shower and it was fun.  I was one of the fortunate ladies to be dressed in a toilet paper wedding gown.   I will not show a picture of this display because you'd all die laughing.  The story behind my dress was that I was a pirate's bride......you take it from there.  LOL

I did start a new project yesterday.  I was up at my LNS and saw a couple of cuties that just had to come home with me.  The one I started is called Val's Blooming Kitty by Just Another Button Co and so far is a really fun stitch.  You do it on a piece of printed perforated paper.  I have no idea what I will do with it ...... I'll think about that later.

Then I  bought an Abby Rose Design called  A Spring Pin Pillow.  This looks like a fun stitch with lots of finishing possibilities.


.....and my love of cameos persuaded me to buy this next design.  I want to change it from the standard blue and white and make it look primitive.  Not sure how yet, but it will be done.


I'm still plucking away on the Scarlet House design but the brown bag was beginning to get to me.....hence the new start with some bright colors.


Hubby is hanging in there.  We have 2 doctor appointments this week.....Infectious Disease and the Cardiologist.  Let's hope for some good news soon because he's beginning to get very discouraged.

Hope everyone has an excellent week filled with Blessings,
Barbara

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

I bet the shower was fun.
Great project choices.
Hope hubby gets some answers soon.
Marilyn

Barb said...

I do hope you do not get this twice Barbara as I thought I pressed send but it has not appeared . I bet your toilet paper wedding dress was a hoot. I love your new starts and like the cameo one a lot, Hope you have better news for your hubby with your various appointments, you deserve some brightness with good news. Keep well and a big hug is sent to you and yours. Vallie is such a sweetheart and I expect she is happy to have her pack all back to normality.

Robin in Virginia said...

What an adorable new start! I look forward to hearing how you liked this project (with the printed perforated paper) once you are finished. Hmmm, perhaps a very distressed neutral fabric with either black or dark brown thread for the cameo piece. I think you have made good progress on the Scarlet House project. Thinking of you and your husband; hope one doctor (or both) have an answer.

Vickie said...

I am glad you had fun at the shower. Your new stash is great Barbara. I am praying for your dear husband and you!♥

Pam in IL said...

Love your new starts. I'm sure the shower was fun too. Keeping you and your hubby in my thoughts and prayers.

diamondc said...

Barbara: I hope your husband has good news.
Love your new projects, I have never stitched on a printed fabric, I think I should try it sometime.

Blessings
Catherine