Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Some Updates

Hello my fellow stitcher's.  Has everyone recovered from the frenzy of Christmas?  We had a wonderful quiet day with Peyton and John and the two little sweethearts, Little John and Zane.
I started a new project from Little House Needleworks called "My Needle Work".  


This is what I have finished so far:

I'm stitching it with the Crescent Colors that it came with and so far I'm enjoying it very much.

I have a wonderful husband who loves to work with wood.  He's been in his shop working on something lately and I found out Christmas morning.  When hurricane Irma came thru here and knocked some pretty large branches off of our maple tree, he kept part of one and made this beautiful dish out of it for me.  He knows how much that tree meant to me and now I have a piece of it forever.  Here it is empty and you can see the beautiful grain going thru it.



And here it is filled with some of my little pillows.  I'm loving it!!!

I also was able to do the finishing work on the BBD "With This You See" pincushion.  Not sure if everyone has heard about this but the pattern by Barb Adams was a project to raise money for UNICEF for Christmas.  I loved stitching this beautiful design and also being able to contribute to a worthwhile organization at the same time.




I machine embroidered on the bottom "Remember Me, BAW, 2017".  I guess I should of done it by hand but I liked the look of this in the gold thread.  

That's all for now.  I hope you all have a wonderful week.

Blessings,  Barbara

10 comments:

Melody A. said...

Yes, there is a coming down from the race and euphoria both of Christmas, every year I tell myself I will not get caught up in it. less this year but still happened! LOL LOVE your stitching and projects and what a amazing lovely present your husband made for you!!! lots of kisses for him! Take care from Iowa

Sweet Sue said...

wow barbara, that is one very special bowl, that man of yours is so thoughtful. stunning unicef finish, the gold is perfect. enjoy your beauties:)

gracie said...

Wonderful stitching and magnificent bowl!

Vickie said...

Your husband gave you a beautiful gift! Your pincushion is wonderful.

Robin in Virginia said...

Barbara, what a gorgeous bowl your husband created for you! Simply gorgeous! The BBD pattern is beautiful and I really like your added touch to the bottom.

marly said...

What a meaningful and thoughtful gift. It's gorgeous and perfect for stitchery. And big!

That pincushion is fabulous and your embroidery on the bottom was a great idea. Beautiful colors.

Happy new year!

Justine said...

Merry Christmas! Your husband's gift is so beautiful and thoughtful. In live how your pillow turned out, the gold thread is perfect.

Marilyn said...

Glad you had a good time with your favorite people.
Great start on a new project, and the Unicef piece is so pretty.
The bowl your husband made is beautiful!
Marilyn

Barb said...

The bowl is beautiful and very special. All the little pillows look great in it.

diamondc said...

Barbara: That bowl is beautiful, he is very talented.
Love the Blackbird Designs finish, it is lovely.
It sounds like you had a wonderful time with the family.

Happy New Year
Catherine