Sunday, February 11, 2018

Days go so fast....

I don't know about the rest of you but I feel my days are going by so fast.  I saw something on Facebook this morning that really made me feel old.  It's the 30th anniversary of the movie "Dirty Dancing".  Wow!  I remember like it was yesterday when that movie came out and my friend, Elaine went to see if about 50 times.  I had great fun teasing her about her crush on Patrick Swayze and now that sweet man is gone.  I just don't like how time seems to fly faster the older we get.  Okay so now that I've brought everybody down, let me show you what I've been up to this past week.

One I did finish the BBD design I've been working on.  I love the colors and just at the end I noticed a mistake.  Did I rip it out.....heck NO!  

Then I started another BBD and finished that one up really quick.  It's a fun stitch but I decided to stitch this with DMC and I'm not real thrilled with the colors that they chose.  By the time I  noticed how dark the one was, I was already half finished and I wasn't changing all of it.  You can tell by looking at the house and seeing how hard it is to see the windows and door.  I didn't finish it into a pillow like they suggested because that is one thing I stink at.  My pillow making isn't the best and a heart shape turns out looking wonky every time.  So I just made a stand up.

I then started another BBD (I think I've become obsessed with BBD) called "Fond Hearts" and I love the colors in it.  I'm stitching it on cream 28ct lugana with some of the recommended colors.  It only calls for 4 colors and I had 2 of them so I improvised on the 2 pinks.

I was wondering how many were going to stitch the new series by LHN ..... Farmhouse Christmas.  I got my fabric and first pattern the other day and I've decided to stitch it with DMC and not the overdyed threads.  I know mine will look a little different but that's okay with me.  Also, did everyone see the border that they came out with for when you stitch them all on one fabric?  It's HERE and scroll down to see the PDF download.  This is how I'm going to do mine and I'm hoping to start it this week.  I want to try and keep up with the monthly patterns....wish me luck.


Well that's about all I've been up to this week.  I wanted so badly to cast on the stitches for my shoulder warmer but just ran out of time.  To all of you, thank you for stopping by and I hope your week is just chocked full of surprises....good ones that is.

Blessings, Barbara

6 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your finishes are lovely, Barbara. I really like your heart stand up/easel. You are off to a good start on the Fond Hearts piece. I do have the first design from the Farmhouse series ordered. I won't decide if I will be buying/stitching all of them until I see them. Enjoy your week!

marly said...

Very nice finishes. I see what you mean about the windows. I've gone back and backstitch outlined in a shade darker to make light threads show up more. Never tried it on darker threads. I think your heart shape is perfect.

Yes time flies more quickly as we age. Or maybe we are slower and it only appears that way? LOL!!

Marilyn said...

The BB's are pretty.
You're on a BB roll! :)
The Farmhouse series will be cute.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Fantastic finishes Barbara. Especially the heart.

Barb said...

I just love all the BBD projects. I think I like almost everything they design!! I have no idea where your error is , good thing you did not frog it!! The little heart design is lovely for this time of year!!

diamondc said...

Barbara: I love BBD, they have such primitive beauty to the designs.
I have stitched many of their designs and hope to stitch more.
I look forward to seeing the finish of Fond Heart.

Catherine