Sunday, March 25, 2018

Spring Has Sprung?

What is going on this year with the snow?  Friends and relatives in Pa. received about 9 inches of snow and we are having mornings down here in Florida in the 40's.  That's just not right!  We always called the last snow of the season the onion snow......that's a lot of onions!

I have two finishes to share with you.  The first one is Wooleminia by Plum Street Samplers.  When I first pulled the colors I was not thrilled with them.  I love peaches but I'm not a peachie color person.  I was sooooo wrong.  I don't think I could of chosen any better colors than they did.  The fabric that it's lying on is what I'm going to use for the finishing.....I just have to make up my mind how to finish it.  I have a round frame but the opening is too large so I thought of making a mat using the fabric.  We'll let it stew for a few days then decide.

The next one is called Daffodils by Jeannette Douglas but as you can see I changed them.  I really don't like yellow so they are now lilacs.  It will be made into a little pincushion using the fabric it's lying on.  This pattern is in my store if your interested.

Now for the question of the day.  I've always thought that the linen Primitive Hare dyes with the words very interesting so when my LNS picked up some at the Nashville Market I just couldn't resist.  But my problem now is "What Do I Stitch On It?"  The patterns that she has done on it really aren't my style so now I have a quandary as to what to stitch on them.  If you have any suggestions, please feel free to share them with me.  I purchased a fat quarter so I have enough for a large design.

Tomorrow we get the results of my hubbies Ct Scan and I'm very anxious to hear what they say.  I've got this funny feeling that they are not going to be able to do anything and they have now destroyed his eyesight about the same way as his hearing....by just ignoring it.  I don't know if I told the story about how he lost his hearing but it was quite simple.  He was in the hospital for other reasons and he kept telling them that he was having a lot of trouble hearing and that it was getting worse.  Not one doctor did a dang thing and now here he is 13 years later totally deaf.  I think his eyesight will probably go the same way.  We'll complain and no doctor will do anything.  Do you hate doctors as much as I do?  I have found only 1 doctor who really cares about my hubby and his problems and that is Dr. Henry Levin, Gastrologist.  He is the only one that takes the time to talk to him and even though DH is deaf, Dr. Levin makes sure he understands what he is saying to him.  The rest just talk to me and mostly ignore DH.  But they sure to talk when it's time to be paid, don't they!

I had a nice surprise last week.  My dear Grand daughter, Grand Son In Law,  Hubby and the two little rascals took me out to dinner for my birthday.  I prefer to call them Anniversaries of my birth.  Sounds better doesn't it?  Then yesterday they surprised me with a Tiffany hanging lamp for our dining room.  I've always wanted one but just never seemed to get around it.  They found a vintage one and John will rewire it before it gets hung over our dining room table.  They are such good kids and I'm very proud of them.  I will post a picture once it is hung.

Well that's about all for this week.  They just seemed to go faster and faster the older I get and I don't like it.  Whatever troubles you are having I hope leave you alone this week.

Blessings, Barbara

7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

We had snow here on the first day of spring. We picked up about 5-6 inches. Your finishes look fabulous, Barbara. I am thinking positive thoughts and saying a prayer or two or more about the issue with your husband's eyes. Look forward to seeing your new lamp!

Vickie said...

Barbara! Woolminia is gorgeous! I am praying for your husband and these doctors!!!!

marly said...

The backing fabrics you've chosen are just so perfect! How about a round pillow with heavy piping in that fabric? It just matches too beautifully to not be seen.

Hope all goes well with hubby. Glad you had a nice birthday and a really special gift.

Marilyn said...

We don't have Spring here yet either, the days are kind of warm, in the 40's, but the nights still get terribly cold. :(
You have some cute finishes.
I've also looked at that fabric and wondered what to stitch on it.
I love the one with snowflakes!
I feel so bad for your hubby.
Some doctors just don't care these days, it's just like running a business, 1 sends you to another, they send you to another, but you don't get any relief!
Doctors!!
Marilyn

Barb said...

Hi there my friend.OH WOW Woolamina is fabulous, I like the Lilac daffodils too, but the little sheepie won my heart. Oh I am so sorry I forgot your birthday I had a feeling someone else was in march I had the 21st in my head for a birthday but could not rememeber whose. I am so pleased your little family made it special for you, well deserved . Oh I am hoping the outcome will be a positive one on the hubby front,we too have problems with our NHS and getting to see a dr or a hospital is such a long drawn out process. My mum was totally deaf so I hear (oops sorry ) what you are saying, it is not an easy disability for him or you for that matter, my mum could lipread . For it to be something that might have been fixed is just unforgivable. Take care my dear friend and let me know how it goes.
Hugs.

Justine said...

Ooh I love Wooleminia, what a gorgeous design and the colours are beautiful. That's an awesome piece of fabric. I would think most prim designs would look good on it.
Sorry to hear about your husband's health problems. Sending prayers and positive thoughts. Belated happy birthday wishes too x

Bethan said...

Such lovely finishes - and I particularly love the backing you have chosen for your pincushion. Fingers crossed for your husband's scan, and that his eyesight is sorted x